Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:04:25 -0400

Koen Kooi <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake schreef:
>> William Uther <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I'm happy with that.  But I'd like the scripts to be cross platform.
>>
>> Gnu bash scripts should be sufficiently cross-platform; they run on
>> all the platforms I'm aware of.
>
> You mean posix sh scripts, right? Everytime you use a bashism god
> kills a kitten.

Hmm. I meant "Gnu bash runs on all platforms I'm aware of".

I guess you are aware of platforms where there is a POSIX sh, but not
Gnu bash?

It probably would not hurt to restrict the code to POSIX sh. I think
you can tell Gnu bash to do that with a flag.

On Windows, the easiest way to get a POSIX sh is via Cygwin, which is
just Gnu bash. For people who are Cygwin-phobic, MinGW is not too much
harder to install, and it also provides Gnu bash.

I'm not sure Gnu bash runs on VMS, but does mtn run there either?

--
-- Stephe