Re: [Monotone-devel] Using Monotone with PuTTY's Pageant

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Using Monotone with PuTTY's Pageant
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:26:47 +0200

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007, Richard Levitte wrote:

> In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:32:27 +0200, "Ralf S.
> Engelschall" <address@hidden> said:
>
> rse+monotone-devel> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> rse+monotone-devel> > 5. Load "example.rsa.ppk" in PuTTY's Pageant -- Voila!
> rse+monotone-devel>
> rse+monotone-devel> Ok, sorry for perhaps not being clear enough: this
> rse+monotone-devel> is for being able to load the Monotone RSA private
> rse+monotone-devel> key already _during login_ to the Windows desktop,
> rse+monotone-devel> of course. So it is already available when you
> rse+monotone-devel> login to the Unix servers the first time. For just
> rse+monotone-devel> a _temporary session solution_ one can simply use
> rse+monotone-devel> the Unix ssh-add(1) command and this way load the
> rse+monotone-devel> key into Pageant remotely, of course. But that's
> rse+monotone-devel> not what I wanted. I want that the Monotone RSA
> rse+monotone-devel> private key is loaded already at desktop login
> rse+monotone-devel> times -- together with the other (regular) SSH
> rse+monotone-devel> private keys.
>
> Ralf, bud, how did you do that with the other .ppk files?

The other three .ppk files I load into my Pageant are just my SSH1 RSA,
my SSH2 RSA and my SSH2 DSA private keys. Those I've also converted with
PuTTYgen. It understands the SSH1 binary format and the SSH2 PEM format
out of the box and can create corresponding .ppk files for them. There
one doesn't need any additional conversions as far as I can remember
(but it is already a few years ago since I've created my regular SSH
keys and created the corresponding .ppk files for them).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com