Re: [Monotone-devel] Using Monotone with PuTTY's Pageant

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Using Monotone with PuTTY's Pageant
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:49:21 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:26:47 +0200, "Ralf S.
Engelschall" <address@hidden> said:

rse+monotone-devel> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007, Richard Levitte wrote:
rse+monotone-devel>
rse+monotone-devel> > In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:32:27
+0200, "Ralf S. Engelschall" <address@hidden> said:
rse+monotone-devel> >
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007, Ralf S.
Engelschall wrote:
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> > 5. Load "example.rsa.ppk" in
PuTTY's Pageant -- Voila!
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel>
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> Ok, sorry for perhaps not being clear
enough: this
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> is for being able to load the
Monotone RSA private
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> key already _during login_ to the
Windows desktop,
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> of course. So it is already available
when you
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> login to the Unix servers the first
time. For just
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> a _temporary session solution_ one
can simply use
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> the Unix ssh-add(1) command and this
way load the
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> key into Pageant remotely, of course.
But that's
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> not what I wanted. I want that the
Monotone RSA
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> private key is loaded already at
desktop login
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> times -- together with the other
(regular) SSH
rse+monotone-devel> > rse+monotone-devel> private keys.
rse+monotone-devel> >
rse+monotone-devel> > Ralf, bud, how did you do that with the other .ppk files?
rse+monotone-devel>
rse+monotone-devel> The other three .ppk files I load into my Pageant are just
my SSH1 RSA,
rse+monotone-devel> my SSH2 RSA and my SSH2 DSA private keys. Those I've also
converted with
rse+monotone-devel> PuTTYgen. It understands the SSH1 binary format and the
SSH2 PEM format
rse+monotone-devel> out of the box and can create corresponding .ppk files for
them. There
rse+monotone-devel> one doesn't need any additional conversions as far as I can
remember
rse+monotone-devel> (but it is already a few years ago since I've created my
regular SSH
rse+monotone-devel> keys and created the corresponding .ppk files for them).

Can't you load "example.rsa.ppk" along with those other .ppk files?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/