Re: [Monotone-devel] Fw: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision ae23960b9b860

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Fw: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision ae23960b9b86036c738051292b52c223ad729aa1
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:24:04 -0800

On Nov 10, 2007 1:17 PM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
> it seems like Visual C doesn't quite like a construct in pcrewrap.cc,
> which I can understand would be a bit unexpected:
>
>     if (startptr != string::const_iterator((char *)0))
>       startoffset = &*startptr - &*subject.data();

You know, I am really not sure why I wrote that that way in the first
place.  I recall something about not being able to subtract the
iterators, which is absurd, because string iterators are
random-access.  Also I think nothing uses startptr/startoffset, maybe
it should just go.  I'll look into that.

Anyway, try using the default constructor, i.e.

  if (startptr != string::const_iterator())

which is even less obvious but maybe VC++ will be happier.

zw