Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:22:41 -0800

On Dec 4, 2007 3:29 PM, Matthew Gregan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, true.  The problem is that there is no close() on Windows (there's
> _close() for CRT file descriptors, closesocket() for WinSock sockets, and
> CloseHandle() for most other things).  It shouldn't be a big deal to
> abstract away--either with a #define or by adding a closesocket() into our
> platform code.

As long as you've got a plan, I'm good.

(Well, I have this irrational dislike of using anything that's not a
bare system call for this kind of code -- to the extent you *can* get
at bare system calls on Windows, I guess I mean "a depressingly
ill-defined subset of the kernel32.dll interfaces" -- but it sounds
like going up to Winsock will actually work better in this case, so I
should just deal.)

zw