Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:32:42 -0500

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> I've checked in a first attempt.

I've fixed a few things, and commited them, but now I've hit a wall.

The commit messages are confused; I've been chasing a bug in the Emacs
DVC interface to monotone; I think I finally fixed it.

On Win32, first run this to setup a test environment; you'll have to
kill it with ^c:

cd c:/Gnu/monotone.experimental.win32_pipes/
./run_lua_tests netsync_over_pipes

Then this:

cd c:/Gnu/monotone.experimental.win32_pipes/tester_dir/tests/netsync_over_pipes
/Gnu/monotone.experimental.win32_pipes/mtn.exe --quiet --db test2.db serve
--stdio --no-transport-auth

gives this error:

mtn: fatal: std::runtime_error: network error: select(2): An operation was
attempted on something that is not a socket. (10038)

The same occurs when 'mtn --stdio' is spawned with a socket as stdio,
as you can see in tester.log.

So I think we are back to the fundamental problem; how do we do
non-blocking IO on Win32 stdio?

Or maybe I've just done something wrong.

I'll try this on RedHat, just to get another data point.

--
-- Stephe