Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:50:33 -0500

I've got 'mtn sync file:' working on Win32. I modified netsync
slightly so that call_server terminates when the 'bye' protocol is
finished, rather than waiting for the socket to disconnect.

In addition, 'mtn sync ssh:<RedHat machine>' from the RedHat machine
to itself works fine.

However, 'mtn sync ssh:<RedHat machine>' from Win32 does _not_ work,
because ssh doesn't do 'recv/send' socket calls on win32; it does
'read/write', which don't work with sockets.

I need ssh access to a central server; that's just how it is :(.

I'll look into using ssh to replicate ports; maybe 'mtn sync <local
replicated port>' will work.

Or maybe go back to getting Win32 pipes to work, now that I know a lot more
about how netsync works.

--
-- Stephe