Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:30:23 -0500

I started another branch net.venge.monotone.win32_pipes_2, to try to
get named pipes working on Win32, and Unix pipes on Unix.
netxx_pipe.hh has an extensive comment discussing the rationale;
basically, it's the only way to support 'mtn sync ssh:' and 'mtn sync
file:', and detect connection closures.

However, I realized that the current Cygwin mtn works quite nicely for
'mtn sync ssh:' and 'mtn sync file:' (ie, Cygwin emulates 'select' far
better than the current mtn PipeCompatibleStream does), so I'll just
use that for a while.

I may come back to this later.

--
-- Stephe