Re: Information for binary uploaders (Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] mo

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Information for binary uploaders (Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:36:22 -0500

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

> when I released 0.37, there were some questions regarding uploading
> binaries or install kits, so I've decided that I will have this kind
> of informative email after each release I make.  I'll probably make
> it a point in notes/release-checklist.txt.
>
> <snip>
>
> P.S.  Please tell me how you feel about the instructions above and how
> I can make them better.

This is good; thanks.

Is there a list of who is currently responsible for uploading each
binary?

Perhaps that list could maintained as a comment with name and email in
index.html, next to the line for each binary.

Last time, it took a while for the Win32 package to show up. I could
take over that responsibility if whoever is doing it now wants a
break.

If someone responsible for a binary disappears, we need a protocol for
replacing them. I'm sure people will normally give notice, but bad
things do happen. Having a name and email for them will give us a way
to find out what's up. Or to let them know someone else is
volunteering to give them a break.

--
-- Stephe