Re: Information for binary uploaders (Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] mo

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: Information for binary uploaders (Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.38 released)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:07:24 +1300

At 2007-12-13T08:57:14+0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Copy your binary or install kit to the server:

        $ chmod a+r {YOUR_BINARY}

>       $ scp {YOUR_BINARY} address@hidden:downloads/0.38/

> P.S.  Please tell me how you feel about the instructions above and how
> I can make them better.

It'd be useful for me to have the permissions fixup (above) included.  I
remembered this time, but forgot for 0.36 and 0.37 and needed you to fix
them up on the server.  It's probably not a useful step for anyone else, but
it should be harmless.

(The problem is that my restrictive umask and the copying of files from
Windows to Linux leave the setup file with very restrictive permissions,
which end up being copied to the server and leave the file inaccessible by
the web server.)

At 2007-12-13T04:36:22-0500, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a list of who is currently responsible for uploading each
> binary?

No, but we could put something like this in the wiki.  It seems like a good
idea to me.

> Last time, it took a while for the Win32 package to show up. I could
> take over that responsibility if whoever is doing it now wants a
> break.

I build the Win32 installer, and I was in the process of moving job/city
around the time of the release.  0.38 is up now.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/