Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked

From: Tobias Hunger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:16:28 +0100

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> 1) [...]  At this stage it would also be good to refactor the
> database object using the pointer-to-opaque idiom, so that none of its
> instance variables are visible.

I already did that in a patch I send to this mailing list 5th of November (The
title was database_class_cleanup.patch). It still has one open issue
(rcs_import uses private database stuff a lot and breaks with my path), but
I'm willing to clean that up. My impression was that the current rcs_import
implementation is a huge clutch that we should replace anyway, so I skipped
fixing this for now.

Some completely unrelated topic: I was already tempted to use Qt for the DB
access... that provides a common wrapper to all mayor open source databases.
But adding such a dependency will only make sense if it is used widely in
Monotone in the long term. Qt does feature SHA hashes, File and Dir
abstraction, etc. which would be useful in several places AFAICT.

Best Regards,
Tobias