Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:46:05 -0800

At this point I'm going to have to ask you to back up your claims with
actual design, if not actual code.  Please look at the existing
database layer in Monotone (database.cc, schema.sql) and the higher
layers where most of the application-specific consistency constraints
are currently enforced (revision.cc, cset.cc, roster.cc,
roster_merge.cc).  Please tell us in detail how you would take
advantage of SQL features that we are currently not using, to enable
additional concurrency.  You can totally redesign the database tables
if you want.  If at all possible, please distinguish between things
that could be done with SQLite and things that would require either
extending SQLite or switching to a new database implementation.

zw