Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:718: invaria

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:718: invariant 'I(!empty())' violated
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:44:34 -0400

Actually, even worse version skew is a real possibility.  A month ago I
was running this machine under Debian testing, so it's possible this
very data base has been modified by a monotone more recent than 0.40.  I
went back top stable because too many applications were having problems.

Ouch.  Maybe I'd better reboot and try committing with testing's more
recent version of monotone.

And maybe it would be useful for a monotone data base to have an entry
identifying the most recent version on montone that's ever been used on
it, and to print this in system-level error messages, to make it easier
to identify potential version-skew problems.

-- hendrik