Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:718: invaria

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:718: invariant 'I(!empty())' violated
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:35:54 -0400

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 04:26:50PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> It's quite possible this has been fixed and that I need to upgrade from
> mtn 0.40; it's the mtn provided with my OS.

It turns out that the bug has been fixed in 0.42.

I run my machine under two operating systems -- Debian stable, because
it works, and Debian testing, for when I want to try newer stuff, not
all of which works.  Normally it's Debian stable, which does work.

I've upgraded both their monotones to currently distributed Debian
packages, and now one is mtn 0.45 and the other is mtn 0.40.   Are these
compatible when they act on the mtn database directly?  I remember
there was some incompatibility around that time and I thank you for
making new versions network-compatible with old.  But am I likely to run
into trouble if I handle a monotone database with 0.45 and later reboot to
stable and try to touch it with monotone 0.40?

-- hendrik