Re: [Monotone-devel] OS-specific line endings

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] OS-specific line endings
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:48:23 -0400

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 05:53:18AM -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:

> I'm trying to find an efficient way to allow the user to provide a
> transformation that should be applied whenever a file is extracted from
> the database and placed on disk, and the inverse transform.

For example, one might want to zip a bunch of files when
extracting them from the data base and unzip them whenh moving them back
to the data base.

Yes, I mean that in that direction.  It's one of the steps that's needed
to have zipped file formats work nicely with diff.  It's not enough to
make, say, .odt merge properly, but it's a start.

-- hendrik