Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.48 rants

From: Philipp Gröschler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.48 rants
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:45:09 +0200

> 1. Deal with the issue of "oops, I forgot to specify a --branch option
> for this commit and now I have to start over" which is now handled by
> being able to see and change the branch you're committing to while
> editing the commit message.

Surprise, I didn't know this information was editable and furthermore
would have an effect on the commit action. Should have read the NEWS
more thoroughly :-)

Anyway I do like it, because now I don't have to copy&paste in my
terminal, which would normally need another mtn call to get the branch
string to copy from. Also I don't mind scrolling down a few lines.

Could this be made switchable, maybe through the users' monotonerc?
Folks who like the old template could then easily reactivate it.

Another bunch of questions: isn't it dangerous to have the Date field
editable, or are there checks done to guarantee the entered date is
reasonable, and for example not temporally _before_ the last revision's
date? What purpose is there anyway in having an editable Date field?

Greetings,

Philipp