[Monotone-devel] Re: project status

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: project status
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:35:41 +0200

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:04:33 +0200
>>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

Thomas> It would be cool if somebody could look into 1), 3) or 4) and
Thomas> finish these up.

The above items, I assume, are for C++ coders only?

Thomas> nvm.man-page - automatic man page generation. The man-format
Thomas> version is basically done, the mdoc version not quite. Still
Thomas> thinking about just using the working version and merge that
Thomas> sometime to nvm

Do man manual and the other one share the same (markup) source?

Thomas> I have no news on the i18n front - my blog post about monotone
Thomas> looking for translators didn't brought much feedback
Thomas> unfortunately.

After fully adoptint mtn, I may do something with Croatian one.

Thomas> Also I haven't heard anything from the guy who
Thomas> wanted to create a new CI for monotone, so no news there
Thomas> either.

New CI?

Thomas> I'd be happy if some people would show interest in creating
Thomas> additional first-step documentation / tutorials for monotone -
Thomas> like the long wanted "monotone cheat sheet" or a simple
Thomas> step-by-step guide how to clone, commit and push with monotone
Thomas> which we could integrate directly on monotone's web page. Maybe
Thomas> some fellow user with good writing / graphics skills could work
Thomas> on one of these tasks? I'd happily help him integrate the
Thomas> result(s).

I'd like to help, but I still have a lot to learn about mtn as well as
to use it more in order to get more feeling for it...

Thomas> Lastly, I'm also still looking for one or two additional people
Thomas> who like to blog about monotone every now and then. These blogs
Thomas> could be about anything monotone-related, like neat hook
Thomas> implementations for certain use cases, 3rd party tools,
Thomas> packages for certain platforms or other things. Basically users
Thomas> who like to share their knowledge on monotone with others.
Thomas> Please drop me a note and an RSS feed URL so I can set you up,
Thomas> and your posts are previewed and linked directly on monotone.ca!

Starting a blog is high on my TODO list, but I've to finish some
projects related to our 'business' so that we can start earning
something.

Then, after opening a blog, I'll definetely share my experiences with
mtn.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6