Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: project status

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: project status
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:41:44 +0200

Am 15.07.10 21:35, schrieb Gour:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:04:33 +0200
>
> Thomas> It would be cool if somebody could look into 1), 3) or 4) and
> Thomas> finish these up.
>
> The above items, I assume, are for C++ coders only?

Yes, I was lazy and put everything into one mail :)

> Thomas> nvm.man-page - automatic man page generation. The man-format
> Thomas> version is basically done, the mdoc version not quite. Still
> Thomas> thinking about just using the working version and merge that
> Thomas> sometime to nvm
>
> Do man manual and the other one share the same (markup) source?

Not quite, mdoc has its own subleties and while its dubbed to be more
"exact" markup, some things are just a little harder to do than in a
hacked-together man version. I can give more details on demand here, but
basically I'm concerned that I'm putting too much effort into the
technical side of the implementation than in the actually important one
- the documentation side.

> Thomas> I have no news on the i18n front - my blog post about monotone
> Thomas> looking for translators didn't brought much feedback
> Thomas> unfortunately.
>
> After fully adoptint mtn, I may do something with Croatian one.

We'd appreciate that!

> Thomas> Also I haven't heard anything from the guy who
> Thomas> wanted to create a new CI for monotone, so no news there
> Thomas> either.
>
> New CI?

Corporate identity, i.e. new logo and derived website / documentation
design, which is then also easier applicable on different media and
different sizes / aspect ratios.

Thomas.