Re: [Monotone-devel] A Few Quick Questions...

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] A Few Quick Questions...
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 23:32:39 +0000

Richard Levitte wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:27:25 +0000, CooSoft Support
<address@hidden> said:

support>    Firstly if I want to update the wiki exactly what db do I
support>    use and branch, I can't find anything to do with wikis in
support>    any database that I can browse... Also if I don't have
support>    write access to it can I be granted write access please.

Have you tried registering on the wiki itself?  Editing is mainly done
directly, not via external commits.  As for the database itself, it's
only available to 3 people (myself included), for maintainance
purposes.
Are ok many thanks for that...
support>    Secondly I have been meaning drop a copy of mtn-cleanup, a
support>    script that reverts a workspace to its freshly checked out
support>    state into monotone's contrib dir. Unfortunately I have
support>    been tied up with the Monotone::AutomateStdio stuff until
support>    now. I noticed that Richard was having a cleanout of the
support>    contrib area. 1) would people find such a script useful
support>    and 2) am I too late for the 1.0 release? (It is a
support>    standalone script that makes use of mtn au
support>    get_manifest_of, so that is one perl script in the contrib
support>    dir, updates to readme files and an entry in the news
support>    file).

I suggest you register yourself an account on code.monotone.ca.  When
you've done the basic registration, go to your account (click on your
name in the upper right corner), then click "Update your account" and
add your monotone key in "Add a public key".  When done, email on
monotone-devel and ask someone to add you as a member of the monotone
project.  Or do that on the IRC channel.

Cheers,
Richard

Sorry for the confusion, I do in fact have an account, have write access to the monotone db and my two projects. Really the question was one of any objections to me checking in the script into the contrib dir at this late stage (since I'm mainly pre-occupied with Monotone::AutomateStdio and mtn-browse I hardly touch the main monotone branch and didn't want to step on any toes). I guess from the above though that it would be ok.

Cheers,

Tony :-).