Re: [Monotone-devel] Mtn on Windows... and guitone

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Mtn on Windows... and guitone
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:42:25 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:57:15 +0100, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> Am 22.03.2011 06:55, schrieb Richard Levitte:
me> > This problem, btw, looks like it hits doubly...  Worst case scenario,
me> > it looks like the string it's trying to convert from UTF-8 to ASCII
me> > isn't really UTF-8 to start with, but also, trying to represent it in
me> > pure ASCII would prove difficult because of the
character-that-should-be-รถ.
me> >
me> > I don't think that should have us stop 1.0 from coming out, but maybe
me> > we should have a description of the problem in, say, a file called
me> > BUGS.  I guess the recommendation is to run monotone in an english
me> > setting.
me>
me> We have a big wiki entry that talks in great about all the problems and
me> while it was updated for 0.32 the last time it is still up-to-date
me> (simply because we haven't done anything in this regard):
me>
me>   http://wiki.monotone.ca/FileSystemIssues/

I had completely missed this one.

me> I don't really agree with a BUGS file, mainly because every open bug in
me> the tracker would have to be added there as well, so I'd rather point
me> the user there (and create a new task for the above issue and link the
me> wiki page to it).
[...]
me> Many entries there are long-existing problems like the one above that
me> deserve equal attention.

Point taken.

Hmmm, I feel a commenting spree coming up ;-)...  some of those
entries are age old, have they even been reproduced lately?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/