moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] on possible extensions of mozilla-bonobo

From: Luca Padovani
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] on possible extensions of mozilla-bonobo
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:10:27 +0200

Hi Jean,

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 11:40, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> The big problem here is the comunication from the viewer to the plugin.
> A pipe is created but is not read by the plugin. For this to be
> possible, it would need an event handler associated with the pipe (I do
> not know if this is possible) or to create a new thread (I might be
> wrong?).

could you make this point a bit more clear? I thought it was simpler
than that: you click on the plugin, the plugin can either handle the
event itself, or it may need to tell the browser to load a different
page. In the second case, the plugin sets the nav-url of its own
property bag with the new URL to load. mozilla-bonobo, which is
listening for changes of that particular property, is notified and
instructs the browser to load the requested page, and that's it.

Regards,
-- luca

P.S> sorry for missing the subject of my previous post.