nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] documentation updates patch

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] documentation updates patch
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:46:35 -0700

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:29:12PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 04:46:44PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> > I've updated it so that, if you're root and --d-w-a-r is used,
> > /etc/nanorc won't override the "no-wrap" setting, but ~/nanorc will (and
> > added comments explaining how it's done, as it was a bit tricky to get
> > right).  I also made sure that the two chunks of code are not included
> > if wrapping is disabled.  The old version would turn wrapping off
> > unconditionally if you were root and --d-w-a-r was used.  It seems to
> > work so far, but it probably needs a bit more testing.
>
> Grmph. It didn't get in CVS, right? I have looked at the current
> nanodocs, and the dwar patch isn't there. Did it move to some other
> patch, or did it get dropped accidentally? I'm going to apply it in
> nano-1.1.12 for Debian at least, as we need to enable dwar for the
> installer.

Ugh.  I was just asking myself why this was needed.  Bad me, of course
we can't solve this problem with a .nanorc entry because the binary
needs to be tiny, so --enable-nanorc wont be used.  I will commit that
to CVS as soon as I can, which may not be until Monday unfortunately,
or you or DLR can commit it if you have free time before that.  Hey at
least I got the release done :P

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001