nano-devel

Re: what to call the option for the "scroll bar"?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: what to call the option for the "scroll bar"?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 11:40:23 +0200

Op 18-05-2020 om 23:54 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> IIRC, ncurses does send mouse move, down and up events. I even
> remember some successful experiments modifying nano to select with
> click and drag. It probably doesn't work on every terminal; I got it
> to work on gnome-terminal and xterm while it did not work on Eterm.
> Had to use printf("\033[?1003h\n") though. But it is definitely
> possible to capture drag using ncurses.

What does 1003h do?  Do you have a reference URL?

> Consider the attached diff. I think it is easy to enable events
> related to mouse drag in nano (select, move selection, move
> scrollbar...).
>
> Do you want me to implement a proof of concept to select text using
> click and drag?

Currently I'm not interested in selecting text with the mouse.
I'm interested in dragging the indicator.

(Personally, I wouldn't be tempted to click and drag the indicator,
but people who use 'set mouse' probably will.  So it would be good
if that actually worked.)

Benno