nano-devel

Re: problem with 'set highlightcolor'

From: pepa65
Subject: Re: problem with 'set highlightcolor'
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 18:35:20 +0700

On 28/02/2021 17.11, Benno Schulenberg wrote:> In your first message you
said TERM=xterm.  :|  You have to be precise.
In my first message I only reported the output of nano -V and in my
second message is said: TERM=xterm-256color

> When you do:
>
>   echo "set selectedcolor white,blue" >minirc
>   echo "set highlightcolor black,red" >>minirc
>   nano --rc=minirc README
>
> and then search for something, is the match colored white on blue?
>
> If yes, then it seems you still have the markmatch code in your nano.
Hmm. This works as expected, selections show in white on blue, and
search results in black on red... So at least there is no markmatch code
left.
> Alternatively... was there any warning during compilation?
> What do these say:
>
>   grep -r "<HIGHLIGHTED\>" /usr/include
>   grep -r "<SELECTED_TEXT\>" /usr/include
Those are silent, along with /usr/local/include
Whatever I change selectedcolor to, that is what also gets used for
hightlightcolor. This is 5.6 release. But not when I use the minirc...

Is it something in my .nanorc?

Peter