nano-devel

Re: revisiting ^F for Search

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: revisiting ^F for Search
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 19:37:39 -0500 (EST)

Feb 19, 2023 10:57:02 AM Benno Schulenberg <bensberg@telfort.nl>:

> Hi all,
>
> Although no one offered me yet a remote login through the browser,
> let's assume there is some demand for getting away from the default
> ^W for Search, even if it's just to avoid new users acquiring the
> dangerous habit of typing ^W.
>
> Thoughts?

Hey Benno, thanks for this! I actually injured my arm a couple of days back so
I haven't been able to apply and compile this yet to try it.

Maybe we'd want something like --modern as the name for enabling the name of
the larger scale bindings?

Just speaking for myself, I have no concerns with patch #1 as it is described.
For #2, even better than an invocation check for me would just be a toggle to
switch between the modes, but the invocation check is a lovely idea also.

Have a good evening.