netftpserver-general

Re: [Net::FTPServer] FTP<>SFTP bridge?

From: Yair Lenga
Subject: Re: [Net::FTPServer] FTP<>SFTP bridge?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:26:59 -0500

Hi,

I'm using Net::FTPServer in production - and I have the same request from my clients - add support for SFTP. Does any one have any pointers on how to start solving this problem ? I'm quite familiar with the FTP protocol, and the Net::FTPServer - and almost clueless as the the SFTP protocol.

Is it simply wrapping of the FTP control (and possibly data) ports inside SSL, or does it include full tunnelling of both the data and the client thru SSH tunnel ?

Thanks
Yair