netftpserver-general

Re: [Net::FTPServer] FTP<>SFTP bridge?

From: Richard Jones
Subject: Re: [Net::FTPServer] FTP<>SFTP bridge?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:57:18 +0000

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 08:48:46AM -0500, Yair Lenga wrote:
> The version that I sent on 10/27 is the "latest and greatest" that we
> have. We have been running this version continously since Nov 04 - with
> no complaints. The patch for the port reuse is working OK: it get
> activated about 5 times every day (we have about 20K requests/day).<br>

OK.  As you may have noticed, savannah.nongnu.org is back up [:-)] but
unfortunately I haven't been able to get them to accept my ssh key yet
[:-(].  I have to make a release of mod_caml first, once the ssh key
works, then I'll look at your patch for Net::FTPServer.  I'm very much
hoping that the ssh key thing should be sorted out today.

> I'm looking forward for the next release. In particular - the FTP/FTP
> proxy will allow us to improve security.<br>
> One questions: I've tried to use the MLSD command, and failed to get
> anything usefull. Is the implementation complete ? For a short term
> solution I've implemeneted a replacement using the "magic" extension
> feature - but I would like to use standard where possible.<br>

I'm pretty sure that the MLSD implementation is partial / broken.  One
of the problems is that it was implemented based on any early draft,
not the final RFC, and the other problem is that no one uses it
anyway.  Actually, that's not true, I think ncftp tries to use it.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
MONOLITH is an advanced framework for writing web applications in C, easier