netftpserver-general

Re: [Net::FTPServer] Virtual File Systems On MYSQL

From: linux
Subject: Re: [Net::FTPServer] Virtual File Systems On MYSQL
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:15:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Richard Jones wrote:

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:12:47PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
[.]
In the eg1*.sql files under .../examples/, there are frequent references
to the keyword "sequence".  What does it reference?
[.]
This might be a problem ... can MySQL implement serial columns?

That depends upon the meaning of "serial columns". When I first saw "sequence", I was thinking that it might be along the same lines as "auto_increment" in MYSQL. If it is, the difference would be, that MYSQL has it as an attribute, whereas PostGRSQL seems to have it as a column type all its own.

Please look at this, and tell me if it is the same thing. If it is, we should be able to patch this.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/example-AUTO_INCREMENT.html

Regards,

Luke