octal-dev

Re: [Octal-dev] porting thoughts

From: Michael Krause
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] porting thoughts
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:35:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Dave O'Toole wrote:

> But I'm not sure just how well GTK+ is working on other operating
> systems. I know at least some of it is working; i have seen screenshots
> of the Gimp running in Win32. Does anyone have experience doing this?
> What's working, and what's not? How's the stability?

A friend of mine has recently ported SoundTracker to win32, using the
win32 port of gtk+ of course. It's kind of strange, since the user
interface is damn slow - you move the mouse over a button, for
example, and it gets highlighted only a second thereafter. Kinda
unusable. Though it plays back modules perfectly (and even updates the
scrolling patterns once a second :D)

I'm not sure whether that's gtk+/win32 or some bug introduced by the
porter, though. Before you ask: no, you can't download that anywhere,
he didn't want to have it published.

--
michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - www.tu-harburg.de/~semk2104/