Re: distributed version control

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: distributed version control
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:57:56 -0500

On 16-Jan-2008, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

| Anyway, git is gaining a lot of momentum now.

Yeah, but a lot of people will do whatever Linus does, just because.
I mean, people started using bitkeeper when he did, because after all,
if Linus decided to do it, it must be the best.  Also, I used to see
people always adding -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer ... when using GCC,
aparently because those flags were used when compiling the kernel.
Never mind that -fomit-frame-pointer made debugging just about
impossible.  If the kernel was compiled with that flag, shouldn't
everything else use it too?  Etc.