Re: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 09:40:54 +0100

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I find this a little unfortunate as well , as many (not so) older systems are
>> still running on gcc-3.
>
> Finding something unfortunate is not constructive. I think there are
> more places that gcc 3 chokes on and they aren't probably that easy to
> workaround. But feel free to suggest a constructive solution.

Wow! This wasn't really meant to be "constructive", but to express
the opinion from someone who contributed signifcantly to octave in
the past. I didn't know the policy was now "contribute ot shut up".
That being said, I don't use gcc and I'm not the one who broke
compilation for gcc3, so I don't see how I could be constructive on
that point, except than saying that the responsible for the breaking
might want to take a look.

Michael.