Re: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 16:20:42 +0200

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> søn, 10 05 2009 kl. 11:04 +0200, skrev Jaroslav Hajek:
>> don't understand where you took that "shut up" from.
>
> Jaroslav, when I read your reply, I also get the "put up or shut up"
> impression.

My apologies to Michael, then. I wanted to express my opinion that
probably anybody would agree that gcc3-compilable Octave sources would
be a plus, except for the Vogons. But that still doesn't imply any
actions from anybody.

> But I doubt that was your intention. I guess these kinds of
> mis-communications are bound to happen from time to time, when all we
> have is e-mail.
>
> As to the specific problem, then it was suggested to use the following
> work-around:
>
>  typedef typename DM::element_type DMT;
>  const DMT zero = DMT ();
>
> Does that solve things Michael? If so, then that work-around seems
> easily readable to me, and don't see the problem with making the change.
> Am I missing something?

No, you're not. I already told Michael that I will apply such a patch
if he sends it. I agree this is equally readable to the original code,
so it's a win/draw. I just won't bother to create it myself (besides,
I don't even know the lines in sparse-xdiv where this occurs). I'm
still offering a bit of my time to actually apply it.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer