Re: libtool and mkoctfile

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: libtool and mkoctfile
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:44:30 +0100

| One problem I see with gnulib is that it is C-centric rather than
| C++-centric.

What I'm looking for is something that will handle replacing the core
POSIX functions on systems that don't have them, or that have broken
versions.  Most often these days, that is Windows, isn't it?  And
these are relatively low-level functions defined with C language
interfaces.  So I don't see this as a problem.

If you aim octave to rely on a posix base, then I guess at the end of the day, the only reasonable choice for windows platform is cygwin.

benjamin