Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:31:33 -0400

On 18-Apr-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| > Can you share that conversation?
|
|      http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/gnu-style.log
|
| I'm JordiGH and Jacob is xhoch3.

OK, I looked at this and I'm not sure what your plans are for
reformatting.  I would say you should not reformat any code that was
imported from some other KDE/Qt project and that is expected to be
maintained separately by someone else, and that we just copy and use.
That code should probably even be stored in a separate directory.

As for Sparse and other Array and Matrix classes in Octave, I wish I
had not used caps in the names.  I would much prefer to see
sparse_qr_rep rather than CamelCase, since I find CamelCase hard to
read.

Another organizational point is that you currently have all the Qt
code in gui.  I think maybe it should be in gui/qt instead, since we
may eventually have another GUI based on a different toolkit.  Longer
term, it seems to me that it would be nice to abstract as much of the
interface as possible so as to make it easier to swap out the toolkit
later if that is needed.

Similarly shouldn't we also have a Qt counterpart to the current FLTK
graphics code?