Re: Behavior for the file browser window

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Behavior for the file browser window
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:53:54 -0400

On 04/12/2013 07:13 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Depends on how Octave is launched. If the program is launched from a
shell window, it seems more likely the user wants to start in the base
directory or the directory in which they last worked. If the program is
launched from an Applications icon, probably the user wants to return to
location where they left off. Maybe an option --cwd would be helpful.

This issue is not about the initial working directory when Octave starts. That is still the directory where I started Octave. The issue the I'm asking about is why the initial directory for the file browser is different from that directory.