GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:42:06 +0200

After detailed test of latex ( converting .tex -> .dvi ) and dvipng ( converting .dvi -> .png ), I come to the following conclusions:

- Every .tex document containing formulas needs some basic content. If I would have to specify some content that would be: ( attached default .tex file )

- In LaTeX exist two mathematical environments asmmath and mathtools . First is the standard part of latex, where second need mh bundle (http://www.ctan.org/pkg/mh). So maybe it's better to use asmmath.

- After making .dvi file, we could convert it to .png using dvipng. Or ( for vector graphics ) dvips. To get .eps file user have to type:
latex default.tex
dvips default.dvi -E -o default.eps

From wikipedia: "At minimum, an EPS file contains a BoundingBox DSC comment, describing the rectangle containing the image described by the EPS file. Applications can use this information to lay out the page, even if they are unable to directly render the PostScript inside."

I'm not sure if this feature could help us with place holders in final image.

--
Andrej