Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:08:08 +0200

2013/6/27 Patrick Noffke <address@hidden>
This is very interesting.  I like the -res option to control the
oversampling for reducing aliasing.  dvipng has a -Q option that
controls the level of antialiasing, but that might not apply to all
fonts.

Andrej, would you be able to compare the quality of image produced
with the two methods for various levels of antialiasing?  Experiment
with some different types of LaTeX text if possible.

If there is FreeType available, -Q option don't make any change [1] . Just to be sure, I tried to change it (I have FreeType). And if I'm not mistaken we need FreeType for rendering text ( it states it's required External Package [2] )  in OpenGL so it doesn't make a change if we use textogif.

Reference:
[1] http://www.nongnu.org/dvipng/dvipng_4.html#Command_002dline-options
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/External-Packages.html

--