Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:44:13 +0800

On Jun 27, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Patrick Noffke wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>        http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/
>>

> This is very interesting.  I like the -res option to control the
> oversampling for reducing aliasing.  dvipng has a -Q option that
> controls the level of antialiasing, but that might not apply to all
> fonts.
>
> Andrej, would you be able to compare the quality of image produced
> with the two methods for various levels of antialiasing?  Experiment
> with some different types of LaTeX text if possible.
>
> We probably can't use textogif directly because of the extra
> dependencies, but it would still be interesting, and possibly useful
> for the final solution.
>
> Pat

The textogif perl script is quite short.  I expect the parts needed can be
pruned and implemented in a manner that is more suitable for us.

There are other scripts that are similar.  For example, tex2image is another
perl script and tex2im is a bash script.

        http://dean.serenevy.net/code/projects/tex2image

        http://www.nought.de/tex2im.html

Ben