Re: FLTK refresh required

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: FLTK refresh required
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:52:13 -0500

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok.  This is working for me on Mac OSX.  I'm hopeful it will also work on Linux (I fixed several problems).  This changest sometimes misses a refresh/update for the menubar or toolbar.  If anyone can offer hints (or a fix), I'd appreciate it.

To test the changeset, please enter the five commands below successively and verify the behavior described.

(1) `figure ()', produces a blank (gray) figure window with a menubar at the top and a toolbar at the bottom. The size of the canvas area matches the "defaultfigureposition" (560 x 420).

The area *excluding* both toolbar and menubar is 560x380. Since each bar is 20 pixels wide, including them would give 560x420.

(2) `plot (rand (3))', produces a plot. Again, the plot canvas should match the "defaultfigureposition" (560 x 420).  However, on Ubuntu/VBOX, I get (560 x380), and am not sure why. If the menubar and/or toolbar do not refresh, click on the plot and they should become visible.

560 x 380 (attached).

(3) `print foo.png', this resizes the plot, produces the "foo.png" and then returns the figure to its original size. Check that the "foo.png" is correct in size (1200x900 pixels).

png has a correct size (1200x900)

(4) `set (gcf (), "menubar", "none")', should remove the menubar and decrease the size of the window. Since the top of the plot canvas is  anchored by the figure's "position" property, this will drop the top of the window by the hight of the menubar.  The toolbar refresh properly, but  can be recovered by clicking on the bottom of the window.

OK. Plot size stays the same (560x380).

(5) `set (gcf (), "menubar", "figure")', should restore the menubar.

OK. Plot size stays the same (560x380).

Be

Dmitri.