Re: FLTK refresh required

From: Rik
Subject: Re: FLTK refresh required
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 12:16:32 -0700

7/28/13

Ben,

With Michael's, yours, and my latest changeset (hg id =
17099::a033fd3669c0) I now get the following.

hf = figure ();
get (hf, 'position')
ans =

   304   215   560   380

Is this the right answer?  I measured the Y-height of the canvas and it is
indeed 380 pixels between the bottom of the menubar and the top of the toolbar.

Also, do we have hidden assumptions about the presence of the menubar and
the toolbar in these calculations?  A figure object has two properties,
"menubar" and "toolbar", which are supposed to control whether these
objects are visible.  I don't like the menubar so I tried to use

set (0, "DefaultFigureMenubar", "none")

but apparently we aren't respecting this property yet.

Instead, I hacked figure.m and just commented out the creation of the menubar.

if (strcmp (get (f, "__graphics_toolkit__"), "fltk"))
 #__add_default_menu__ (f);
endif

Now if I run the same test I get a window without a menubar, but the
position returned is the same.

hf = figure ();
get (hf, 'position')
ans =

   304   215   560   380

A measurement shows that the canvas is actually 400 pixels tall which is
expected since the menubar is no longer present.

--Rik