Re: Proceeding with the GSoC Project

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Proceeding with the GSoC Project
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:43:02 -0400

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't see any ideas as to how to do packages!  How are you going to handle the situation, that the user has a package loaded and is typing in a command word from the package?

was going to be my second question. Is there a good way to get a list of all loaded functions? All installed functions? personally not sure.

my first question relates to what John mentioned, and something I think I suggested somewhere else before:  there are other suggestion features out there, including FOSS implementations. I like the novelty of the neural net approach for building up, say, a pretrained suggestion lookup ("autocorrect") table, and a live algorithm that will suggest for something not in the predefined table.  But surely others have taken different approaches to spellcheck, autocorrect, suggestions, etc., from decision trees and error estimators to inline and gui interface approaches.  What else is out there already?

I think a very important part of this is not just to start implementing your code, but to review a bit of what's out there, decide what's good & bad, and what's worth borrowing when code compatibility exists.

nickj