Re: option for enabling/disabling auto-suggest feature

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: option for enabling/disabling auto-suggest feature
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:43:42 -0400

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 4:46 PM, Sudeepam Pandey <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, I'll make sure that the auto-suggest feature has an easy enable/disable option. Maybe something like a command/ shortcut key to disable/enable the feature.

How may depend on how you implement it. if you made it strictly a GUI popup, then a GUI switch could make sense. if it will be inline with the interpreter, then it needs to be functional for --no-gui users. a shortcut key may be too dependent on your terminal of choice. So a command similar to 'more on' 'more off' may be the simplest and most portable. As per my message in the other thread, you should review how others have done it before.