Re: Using msys2 for mxe-octave

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Using msys2 for mxe-octave
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 14:47:13 -0500

On 2018-08-30 12:07 PM, JohnD wrote:
As a nice side effect, we can now do stuff like install python and sympy
through msys2 package manager:

pacman -Sy
pacman -S python3-pip
pip install sympy

If I've understood correctly, you mean the end-user can do that Octave is installed. But where does she type those commands? Can she do `system('pacman -Sy')` from within Octave?

Anyway, certainly sounds like good news for the Symbolic package (and others) with external dependencies. If someone can test all this and document it (e.g., at [1]) it would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Colin

[1]
https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation