Re: License question

From: GoSim
Subject: Re: License question
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 16:08:43 -0500 (CDT)

I don't understand what you mean with "Getting major contributors onboard
to a commercial opportunity later might sounds like it could be
complicated but probably isn't too hard in practice."

Do you mean for services? If it is released as pure GPL from my
understanding you can't ever commercialize it.

Anyway, you are right about the other things you wrote. But I think it is
the most fair to me that created the software. I will promise that their
code will always be GPL. For the open source people there will be a block
diagram environment completely free and open source and if I want to I can
add some industrial sensor features and charge money for it. Simulink is
actually more expensive than Matlab which is kind of surprising but probably
reflects the demand.