Re: License question

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: License question
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 07:43:39 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 7:23 AM GoSim <address@hidden> wrote:
Why would anybody use red hat then when ubuntu is free?

I wasn't aware of the GPL exception model but it is interesting, it still
requires a sole copyright holder though. Forcing people to assign the
copyright to me feels kind of bad, shared copyright would be better if it
exists (?) and gave the same opportunity. It's the most fair model for the
creator though.

My main motivation is not money, but I want to at least have the
possibility.

Control toolbox and system identification toolbox will be created by me.
They are free. My gift to all control engineers out there.
We have a control package ---What do you mean by control toolbox?

I guess I could
charge money for them, System ID is expensive from mathworks but I only use
free software myself so I want to give back. Only sensor connectors for
certain industries is my idea to charge money for if the opportunity would
arise.

DASCertificate for 206392