Re: OF packages: check OF repositories

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: OF packages: check OF repositories
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:32:05 +0900

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 5:12 AM Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
I pushed control

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:10 PM Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

geometry was sent back a year into the past.
I just pushed.

Thanks for the heads up

--
DASCertificate for 206392

SourceForge is very unreliable and annoying these days.  After the release of the struct package (special thanks to Olaf), I was now able to install the optim package in Octave 5.1.0, with a small fix from bug #54487 [1].  But I was not able to watch out online or by cloning the entire repo for other important changes since the 1.5.3 release, because the optim repo website is down (error reported at SF [2]) and I have no repo URL available at [3].  Additionally I was afraid, that even if I had this URL for cloning, the commits are not up-to-date  -.-

Maybe backing up/moving everything in Savannah?  Even if it's interface looks like 10 years unmaintained, it has no commercials, and is more reliable.  My personal favorite is BitBucket (it handles Mercurial repositories as well).

Kai

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54487
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/19283/
[3] https://octave.sourceforge.io/optim/index.html