Re: New very simple methodology to create a m-file compiler.

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: New very simple methodology to create a m-file compiler.
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 07:32:59 -0400

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 23:34 Andrew Janke <address@hidden> wrote:

On 5/6/19 11:13 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:

> I haven't identified any non-custom function that produces highly
> polymorphic output yet, maybe someone else can think of one.

I've got a few.

 I guess what this boils down to is if you are going to require the user to avoid polymorphism on outputs, and you are going to throw an Error when they don’t , how will you be able to tell when they don’t? And if you’ve gone through the problem of detecting all of the cases where they Might not,  at that point wouldn’t it be better to just deal with the polymorphism somehow  rather than require them to avoid one of the more useful aspects of the programming language?