Re: New very simple methodology to create a m-file compiler.

From: CROZIER Richard
Subject: Re: New very simple methodology to create a m-file compiler.
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 16:15:44 +0000

On 07/05/2019 17:06, GoSim wrote:
> Carlo de Falco-2 wrote

>> also, what is the actual purpose of this thread in the first place?
>> is the OP poster proposing to change the grammar of the language in order
>> to make it easier to compile?
>> if you are looking for a language symilar to (but not compatible with)
>> matlab that is faster to parse and compile then why not just look at
>> https://julialang.org/ ?
>> c.
>
> The purpose is to make it possible to compile m-files for speed.

I think his point is that making it work for a large part of the code
base is pretty hard (otherwise a good JIT would also be easy), and if
you make it so that there are many many things which a user must
remember to make it work safely, then it might be just as easy for them
to write it in another language in the first place.

Richard
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with
registration number SC005336.