Re: Octave Geometry package problem

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Octave Geometry package problem
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 08:43:31 +0200

Thanks for your report.

> I have a problem installing the Geometry package on Win 7 64 bit under Octave
> 5.1.1, I get :-

The best place to report this things is in the bug tracker at savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

> >> pkg install -forge geometry
> warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\octave-help-NtTCSx:140: @bye seen before
> @end deftypefn
> For information about changes from previous versions of the geometry package,
> run 'news geometry'.

This is odd indeed, I do not see these messages.

> Oddly enough, it seems that some routines are there, but not most of them.
> For example rad2deg is there :-

rad2deg and the inverse are part of octave, they have been removed
from the geometry package, check with

which rad2deg

here I get
'rad2deg' is a function from the file
/usr/local/share/octave/5.1.1/m/general/rad2deg.m

> But not drawCircle :-
> >> drawCircle(100,100,20);
> error: 'drawCircle' undefined near line 1 column 1
> >> drawLine()
> error: 'drawLine' undefined near line 1 column 1
> >> drawBox
> error: 'drawBox' undefined near line 1 column 1
after installing a package you need to load it before is ready to use

pkg load geometry

to see what packages are installed check the output of

pkg list

Regards