RE: Octave Geometry package problem

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: Octave Geometry package problem
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 17:27:14 -0400

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 08:43:31 +0200
> From: Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
> To: Andrew Cool <address@hidden>,     Maintainers GNU Octave
>       <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Octave Geometry package problem
>
> Thanks for your report.
>
> > I have a problem installing the Geometry package on Win 7 64 bit under
> Octave 5.1.1, I get :-
> >
> The best place to report this things is in the bug tracker at savannah
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

> > warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> > warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> > warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> > warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
> > C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\octave-help-NtTCSx:140: @bye seen
> before @end deftypefn
> > For information about changes from previous versions of the geometry
> package, run 'news geometry'.
>
> This is odd indeed, I do not see these messages.
>
> > Oddly enough, it seems that some routines are there, but not most of
them.
> For example rad2deg is there :-
>
> rad2deg and the inverse are part of octave, they have been removed
> from the geometry package, check with
>
> which rad2deg
>
> here I get
> 'rad2deg' is a function from the file
> /usr/local/share/octave/5.1.1/m/general/rad2deg.m
>
> > But not drawCircle :-
> > error: 'drawCircle' undefined near line 1 column 1
> > error: 'drawLine' undefined near line 1 column 1
> > error: 'drawBox' undefined near line 1 column 1
> after installing a package you need to load it before is ready to use
>
> pkg load geometry
>
> to see what packages are installed check the output of
>
> pkg list
>

> Regards

I see warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file and @bye seen
before @end deftypefn warnings in win10 with 5.1.1

According the repo, the DESCRIPTION file error is fixed via
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/311b855168a67a0471572a353f96c2e
c4d800666/

polygonLoops.m has a double @deftypefn in the documentation which may be the
@bye warning - its not in the latest repo sources

In windows the geometry package should already be installed.